Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where should I move: San Antonio, Fort Worth, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, or Atlanta? Why?


These are the urban areas in which I'm considering law school. Which of these do you prefer, not prefer, and why? If you choose to get even more specific: -You can rank the cities -You can give a little inside info about the cities Given the strength of the particular law schools, the regional markets for lawyers, proximity to other great metro areas, and general friendliness of the people, this is my list so far: 1. Top choice - San Antonio: culture, weather, proximity to Austin 2. Fort Worth: nice city, lower humidity, proximity to Dallas 3. Atlanta: fastest-growing metro in the SE, beautiful area 4. (tie) Oklahoma City, Tulsa: Oklahoma is nice, steadily growing, benefits from proximity to Texas I want to attend school in a much friendlier and warmer climate than my current state of Kentucky. Thank you!
Polls & Surveys - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
same answer as b4.. texas.. anywhere
2 :
I don't know b'cuz it's your life style that u r depending on and you don't need people like us to make decisions 4 u!
3 :
I would go with the top choice, San Antonio. It has it all except it is not tidal.
4 :
I'd move to Atlanta because the biggest aquarium in the world is there. [or says my auntie] Thats not a good reason, but it sounds really fun to go see.
5 :
Hotlanta
6 :
Tulsa,because it`s not Texas,and has a cool Castle Renfaire. Atlanta,It also is not Texas,and has more cultural events, Stone Mountain Highland Games Georgia Renaissance Faire Friendly People
7 :
I'd go with San Antone too. I met some women from there and all they could talk about was home and all the stuff they have to do there; good food, great nightlife, cool sports. Ft. Worth has a lot of military so there'll probably be lots of chain stuff but still plenty to do. My dad was stationed there in the early 80's, he liked it, mom hated it, I don't remember it Atlanta has lots of traffic, like all the time. But I agree that Georgia is beautiful. The weather won't be as great as TX. I've been to Tulsa, not impressed. People are nice but that's the only up I see.
8 :
I am a native Texan so..... I would say Fort Worth, Atlanta, San Antonio, then Oklahoma City, then Tulsa People in Fort Worth are very friendly, much more so than in Dallas...and the cultural centers are "off the chain"....Are you considering TCU law school (do they have one)? Well SMU in Dallas is more prestigious I think, but you can still use the library in Dallas and the other great libraries Dallas has... Atlanta...so much to say....people are materialistic there (but aren't most people these days) but it is a REAL city...not quite New York, London, or Munich but great.... San Antonio..wow...you want to be close to Austin? I despised Austin and have many many relatives there...great shopping and cultural scene but other than that it sucked like a vacuum... San Antonio is worse....I go for the Riverwalk (but I have seen better all around the world) and Sea World, but that is about it...maybe shopping there and in San Marcos Ah Oklahoma.....again, I am a Texan so well, I am biased......but if you live in Kentucky (beautiful state, I have relatives there too) then you can live in Oklahoma Don't just consider the cities the schools are in but the professors, the reputation, the education you will be receiving, what you want to do after law school, where you can make contacts, become a clerk, etc. Good luck.

Popular Posts