Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To which place would you move your family: Fort Worth or Austin?


To which place would you move your family: Fort Worth or Austin?
Hi. I have a family and want to move back to Texas. I have lived in Austin before, but the high cost of living, long hot/humid summers and congestion really got to me. I'm considering moving back to the state (from the midwest) and wonder whether I should think about Fort Worth, and perhaps reconsider Austin. Some of my priorities include low cost of living, short commutes, strong and friendly communities and good schools. If you have an opinion of which city you would prefer, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'd also like to know if you recently moved to one of the cities and found it easy to make friends. Thanks!
Dallas - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Thats like trying to decide between a vacation to Tampico Mexico or the Bahamas....its a no brainer. Austin without a doubt. I live in DFW and would move back to Austin in a sec of I had the chance. Less crime, better schools, more to do, closer to the beach, better food, better parks, and just a great place. Yes, they have more traffic and it costs more to live there but I would consider the outskirts like San Marcos. Good luck.
2 :
There is a nice community by Austin called Lockhart. Its about an hours drive. I lived in Austin while in college, but now that I am a family man, a nice quiet town is where I lay my head.
3 :
Austin hands down
4 :
I have to disagree with the rest of your responses, I say in the criteria that you are looking for, Ft. Worth is your best of the two options. Good Luck in your decision, I wish I could move back :(
5 :
Austin ... without hesitaiton.
6 :
Fort Worth always has absolutely terrible weather like severe tornadoes, floods, and hail that Dallas doesn't even see.
7 :
If you want lower cost of living, then move to FW. I've lived in FW for a long time now, but keep in mind the summers here can also be brutal. Depending on where you decide to live and where to work will determine your commute distance, but usually it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get anywhere. That CAN vary with traffic conditions. Hey - I love Austin too. But I'd rather visit than live there, because I couldn't afford rent! Hey - email me. I've lived all over FW and can tell you what is scary and what is okay!

Popular Posts