Monday, June 6, 2011

17 yrs old. done with high school 5 lessons away from having a Career Diploma as a Veterinary Assistant?


17 yrs old. done with high school 5 lessons away from having a Career Diploma as a Veterinary Assistant?
Okay I'm 17 years old I finished high school early and I'm five lessons away from having a Career Diploma as a Veterinary Assistant. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with any sites I could look at that are looking for people to hire. I know some sites you have to be 18 or older. But really looking for a place to put my skills at test... a place thats willing to train. I'm getting ready to move in with someone and i need a job. Leaving for Colorado for a month- but ill be back in Ft. Worth. after im done visiting family Fort Worth Texas is the area- if anyone could help it would help a lot!!! Thanks.
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i am getting the job can i accept it or not
2 :
There are several job search engines that you could check. One of them is called "Where Techs Connect". The Texas Assoc. of Registered Veterinary Technicians website and newsletter also posts job openings specifically in Texas. www.tarvt.org And the TVMA publication "Texas Veterinarian" posts job openings. Another online source for classified listings is www.vspn.org A more direct approach would be to put together a letter of intent and a resume and take it around to all the local veterinary clinics in your area. Then even if they aren't actively advertising now, if they need help in the future they will have your information on hand. May I ask why you went with a "career diploma" which basically doesn't count as anything (won't transfer to colleges, won't allow you to sit for the National Veterinary Technician Exam, not required to work as a veterinary assistant in any state) rather than going ahead with a college degree? It's great tht you want to get an education in the career field of your choice, but I'm curious as to your choice. And where you got this "career diploma" from because I've never heard of it. If you have questions about the veterinary assisting or veterinary technology fields in Texas, please feel free to contact me directly. Cindy D. , RVT President-Elect Texas Association of Registered Veterinary Technicians cindyd@tarvt.org

Popular Posts